• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output an LDAP user's common name (cn) on my JSP... HELP

Dear all,

I need help on the following:

I am using LDAP with Spring Security/Acegi

In my JSP, i need to output 2 things: (a) Username and (b) Common Name of the authenticated user

For (a) i've used <auth:authentication operation="username"/> to output the username correctly.

For (b) I've tried to use <auth:authentication operation="attributes"/> to access the attributes of the user and then get his/her Common Name (cn) but i don't know how to do that

Example: <auth:authentication operation="attributes"/> produces {givenname=givenname: John, sn=sn: Bravo, userpassword=userpassword: [B@13d5f21, mail=mail: johnny.bravo@bravo.com, objectclass=objectClass: organizationalPerson, person, inetOrgPerson, top, uid=uid: bravoj, cn=cn: Johnny Bravo, description=description: Actor}

My problem: How to output the Common Name (cn) only?!???!

Please help

Why do it in the JSP? It's much easier to manipulate the data in your controller and add the exact data you want to the view model.

Comment

Hi,

I just wanted to use the authz taglib to do it as simple as possible.

Anyway i found a solution to my problem. I simply used more taglibs . I've used String from apache

Here's the code:

HTML Code:
      <string:getPrechomp delimiter=","><string:getChomp delimiter="cn=cn:"><auth:authentication operation="attributes"/></string:getChomp></string:getPrechomp>

Comment

Working...
      X