Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating Acegi and custom Authorisation module

Hi all,

I have a working instance of Acegi with authorisation taking place against details stored in the application context file. This was to get a proof of concept.

As a next step, I built a java library of code to handle authorisation (java code + db code). By itself it works fine and provides functionality like create user, login, logout, disable account after 3 unsuccesful attempts, etc.

I now need to merge the two systems. I was looking for advice on how to start. Do I need to write a custom Authentication Manager?

My security system used Subject and Principle objects from JAAS because they are already in the jdk. I believe Acegi uses Authentication objects. The reason I went for Subject/Principle objects is that my code may be used in non-Spring/non-Acegi projects so I wanted to keep it generic.

Any advice appreciated. Here's the API to my class library for authorisation:

Code:
    public class SecurityService {

public SecurityService(DataSource dataSource) {...}

public Subject logon(String username, char[] password, String ipaddress)
            throws InvalidLogonException, AccountDisabledException, 
                ChangePasswordException, AlreadyLoggedOnException {...}

public String encrypt(char[] stringToEncrypt) {...}

public Subject changePassword(String username, char[] oldpassword,
            char[] newpassword, String ipaddress) throws ChangePasswordException {...}

public int getSessionTimeout() {...}

public String getSecuritySetting(String parameter)
            throws UnsupportedSecuritySettingException {...}

public void createUser(String username, String password)
            throws ChangePasswordException, InvalidUsernameException, 
                CreateUsernameException {...}
    }
    Thanks

Rakesh

If you need JAAS compliance, why not use the Acegi Security JaasAuthenticationProvider? It will save you reinventing the wheel and still offer standards compliance in terms of authentication.

Comment

Working...
    X