Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bind a session variable upon login.

Hello,

I have set of users which are shop managers. I would like to bind shop object into session upon manager login.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

i did something similar by implementing my dao and extending the UserClass. It's not hard at all, looking at acegi source code may help, e.g. JdbcDaoImpl

Comment

Also see the FAQ at http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net for how to obtain the UserDetails from the ContextHolder post-authentication.

Comment

another way to do it

you could subclass AuthenticationProcessingFilter and override onSuccessfulAuthentication

Code:
        protected void onSuccessfulAuthentication(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp, Authentication auth) throws IOException {
        		super.onSuccessfulAuthentication(req, resp, auth);

Store store = getMyStore();
        		req.getSession().setAttribute("store",store);

}

Comment

Re: another way to do it

Originally posted by dlevine
          Store store = getMyStore();
          This would be OK if the getMyStore() method just comes from somewhere local to your AuthenticationProcessingFilter subclass, but generally the "store" would likely be user-specific. As such you would want to use a custom AuthenticationDao that build a custom UserDetails and that UserDetails provides a "store" getter/setter pair. The "store" can then be accessed at any future time not from HttpSession but from ((MyUserDetails)((SecureContext)ContextHolder.getC ontext()).getAuthentication()).getStore().

Comment

Working...
          X