Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j_spring_security_check 404 issue

Hi ,

I aming integrate spring security 2.04 with my existing web project.
    but I don't want to let every applications under spring security framework. so I am trying to change security filter and only handle certain URL in the web.xml, then I encountered 404 error that show cannot found j_spring_security_check when I try to login. The changes I pasted as below:

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/report/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

If I using <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>, then everything is working fine.

login.jsp shows as below:
    <form method="POST" action="<c:url value="/j_spring_security_check" />">
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td align="right">Username</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="j_username" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="right">Password</td>
    <td><input type="password" name="j_password" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="right">Remember me</td>
    <td><input type="checkbox" name="_spring_security_remember_me" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" align="right"><input type="submit" value="Login" />
    <input type="reset" value="Reset" /></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>

Would I know how to resovle it? or any recommandations are welcome.
    PS: Spring security whether have any performance impact? for those who expert .
    Thanks

RE: j_spring_security_check 404 issue

with <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> all works fine because it fit /j_spring_security_check, in your case it will be /report/j_spring_security_check in the html form action because that are the url that AuthenticationProcecingFilter it will lookup since the all urls that it will proccess have the "/report/" prefix. simply change the form action or configure it properly Spring Security filters in your configs files.

Comment

hi Aek, thank for you reply. I try to change login.jsp
      <form method="POST" action="<c:url value="/report/j_spring_security_check" />">
      But I still encounter the same 404 error
      HTTP Status 404 - /mt/report/j_spring_security_check. Same result when I try use /report/j_spring_security_check in the browser directly. As you explained, I think you are right which authenticationProcecingFilter should be handle all of requests with url /report/, but I don't know what's wrong with it. Where is mapping for /j_spring_security_check , I suppose it should be configed in somewhere.

BTW, you mentioned or can change in the configuration file. Would I know how to do it or do you any example. many thanks

Comment

If you are using the namespace, it is the login-processing-url property of the <form-login> login:

http://static.springframework.org/sp...e.html#d4e3203

This also explains how it maps to a bean property.

Comment

Hi Luke Taylor,

Thanks for you prompt reply. It works after I change login-processing-url from default value to /report/j_spring_security_check and change login.jsp action url as well.
          Many thanks for your help.

Comment

RE: j_spring_security_check 404 issue

Luke I think that would be interesting that url-pattern prefix became propagated from org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProx y to any filter that ask for this, and in the method requiresAuthentication of org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessing Filter the line:
            return uri.endsWith(request.getContextPath() + filterProcessesUrl);
            could be
            return uri.endsWith(request.getContextPath() + url-pattern-prefix +filterProcessesUrl);
            to avoid this kind of problems

Comment

Working...
            X