X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ContextHolder should have been null...

I'm still working out some details, but looking in the logs I can see a number of (slightly edited):

Code:
    ContextHolder should have been null but contained:'auth related stuff'; setting to null now
    These messages appear after a java.io.FileNotFoundException occurs (issues with applet and BeanInfo classes). The associated stack trace goes all the way up the servlet filter chain.

It appears in the code (0.8.2) that HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter does not null out the ContextHolder, or put it back in the session, if an exception occurs downstream in the filter chain. I can see where it checks for a non-null value when it starts to process doFilter(), and issues the above message. So, at least a 'dirty thread' can be used w/o problems.

Anyway, should not HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter catch the exception, cleanup, and re-throw? Otherwise, it seems to take care of the problem later itself, but does it merit a WARNING level log message?

Thanks,

Jeff

I agree, good point. Added to JIRA: http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj.../browse/SEC-20

Comment

Working...
    X