X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• net.sf.acegisecurity.context.SecureContextUtils missing?

I just finished building the latest snapshot, following the instructions on the "Building with Maven" page to a T. When I replaced my 0.8.2 jar with the newly created 0.9.0 snapshot jar, Eclipse complained that SecureContextUtils could not be resolved.

I looked at the source Maven downloaded from CVS, and sure enough, the source file is not there.

Next, I connected to the acegi repository on sourceforge, to see if it was just a download error, but the file is definitely not there. What happened to it?

Has it been moved, replaced, or removed between 0.8.2 and 0.9.0?

The generic ContextHolder class has been dropped and new SecurityContext and SecurityContextHolder classes introduced in the latest versions of Acegi. So SecureContextUtils is no longer necessary. You can use SecurityContextHolter.getContext() instead.

There was some discussion about this on the Spring-Dev mailing list which you can probably dig up on Gmane if you're interested.

Luke.

Comment

It has been removed because its main function was to automate casting to and from SecureContext. This is no longer neeed, as the generic ContextHolder has been replaced by a type safe ThreadLocal wrapper instead.

Comment

Working...
      X