Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Interacting with Spring Security from a third party view library (like Wicket) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interacting with Spring Security from a third party view library (like Wicket)

I have a layered application using three layers:
    • Presentation/View: Wicket
    • Business/Service: Spring Singletons
    • Persistence: DAO's using Hibernate (and Spring)

As I am not using Spring for the presentation layer I will do my own login page. It will have:
    • Username
    • Password
    I will also create my own register page where a user will specify the above and some other information.

I have been given the this advice:
    Spring Security uses a thread local as authentication store and has a servlet filter to copy the authenticated user to/from the session so that the authenticated user is handily available during a request and properly stored afterwards.

Authentication itself can be implemented from Wicket in a custom way (e.g. a username/password form). On success you just store the authenticated user in the authentication store.
    As this is new to me I have some questions to get me started. I realize some may be difficult to answer short in a forum thread, I would also appreciate any hint I can get on where to read more to get an answer to my question.
    1. For user registration. If I have a method which takes a username and a password using Wicket. Should I implement some bean which recieves this information, hashes the password and stores it in a table using Hibernate?
    2. The same goes for authorization. If I create a log in page using Wicket, should I pass the information on to a bean method which I've written?
    3. Are there methods I could use from Wicket to recieve the roles of a logged in user?
    4. Could I create a solution like this. And later on use it to authenticate users who are placing Web Service calls directly to the (Spring) service layer? (Wicket won't be involved in this case)

Anyone?

I'm reading the Spring Security documentation. But it's so focused on using it together with Spring and has too few examples for me to grasp it completely.

Comment

N Tier - Web Business Data and Security

I already implement Wicket, Spring and Hibernate with almost the same purpose as yours.

Web Tier - Wicket
      Business Tier - Spring
      Data Tier - Hibernate
      Security Tier - Acegi / Spring Security.

It works what I expected.

Now I my new project, I will try to use Spring JPA instead of Hibernate, because I don't need to use the full Hibernate functionality. I just need the simple CRUD.

Comment

Working...
      X