X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringRCP: how to get principal on the server side?

Hello,
    I am trying to get principal on the server side of Spring RC petclinic, but ContextHolder.getContext() is null.

(SecureContext)ContextHolder.getContext()).getAuth entication().getPrincipal() )

Any help on this?

Thank you

Should user name and password be passed on every request from the client, if yes, what about session id, could session id be related to client's passed credentials upon login? I noticed that user and password are just passed for login screen and not on subsequent requests from client.

Comment

Generally with BASIC and Digest authentication you would avoid using HttpSessions. Passing a jsessionid or cookie to facilitate servlet container sessions is something your remoting protocol would need to do - Acegi Security doesn't offer a mechanism to do this, although the HttpInvoker method would facilitate this if you wanted to pursue it.

Comment

So I guess the problem with the SpringRCP petclinic sample app is that client not passing user and password on every request? (ContextHolder.getContext() is empty on server side)

And by the way I did tracing on the client server communication and noticed that jsessionid is present in the HTTP header.

Comment

Or possibly the server-side is not configured to process BASIC authentication headers. See the Contacts Sample (Filters version) for the correct configuration. I am unsure of the status of Petclinic RCP and why it doesn't work correctly, as I haven't had time to review it. Promise to do so soon! I've added it to JIRA: http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...g/browse/SEC-6

Comment

Working...
          X