Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logout leaves protected resource accessible

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple j_spring_security_logout example, and am running into the following problem:

When I enter a url of a protected resource into the browser, I am redirected to the login page as expected. But after logging out, if enter that same url of the same protected resource into the same browser window again, I am not redirected to a login page, but instead am taken directly to that resource (even though im logged out). But I know the logout is somewhat working because if i try to access a different protected resource instead, I am redirected to the login page. Can anyone help me understand why this is happening? Shouldnt I have to log in again to access a protected resource after logging out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as ive spent all night on this already ;(

Thank you!

Here is the code/steps to reproduce:

ProtectedOne.html:
    Code:
    protected resource one
    <a href="j_spring_security_logout">logout</a>
    ProtectedTwo.html:
    Code:
    protected resource two
    <a href="j_spring_security_logout">logout</a>
    Spring Security Config:
    Code:
       <http>
         <intercept-url pattern="/bye.html" filters='none'/>  
         <intercept-url pattern="/home.html" filters='none'/>  
         <intercept-url pattern="/**" access="ROLE_USER" />
         <form-login />
         <logout logout-success-url="/bye.html"/>
      </http>
    1) Type in /ProtectedOne.html in browser (you will be redirected to log in page)
    2) Log in with user/pass that has ROLE_USER (you will be directed back to /ProtectedOne.html)
    3) Click logout link (you will be directed to /bye.html)
    4) Type in /ProtectedOne.html in browser again, notice it DOES NOT make you log, but takes you straight to /ProtectedOne.html
    5) Type in /ProtectedTwo.html in broeser again, notice it DOES make you log in before taking you to /ProtectedTwo.html

Disable caching for protected pages. If you don't you will have the behavior you describe, because you basically see the cached page in the browsers memory..

Comment

Thanks, that was the problem exactly.

Comment

Working...
      X