X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if u don't have a context param then u can't have filters

I bought the Oreilly Tomcat book about 3 months ago. I believe there are roughly 30 tags you can put in the web.xml. They do have a dependency on the order. If you include certain params then the context help in eclipse will show up with other tags you can include. I couldn't get any of the contacts sample to execute in my code b/c no FILTER. I am sure a combination of the other tags would work as well.

Thanks,

David

Huh?

I am pretty sure you can declare a filter without any context tags in the web.xml. It may have to do with ordering or something else (like Acegi needing a context parameter).

Also, note that as of servlet spec. 2.4 (Tomcat 5) there is an XSD Schema for the web.xml file which does away with the ordering/grouping issues which are inherant to DTDs.

Comment

From the acegi sample contact app I tried to enter it in my web.xml and couldn't until I added the context param. I'm sure there are multiple scenarios that would make it work but eclipse and wsad didn't like me adding the filter FIRST.

dw

Comment

Working...
      X