Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
WSS support in JAX-WS, JAXB RI based server using Spring Security Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSS support in JAX-WS, JAXB RI based server using Spring Security

Hello,

I have a server that was generated WSDL-first using JAX-WS and JAXB RI. I would like to use Spring Security for my server. I would also like the SOAP security to be compliant with OASIS WSS spec. I understand that Spring Security works with WSS if I use Spring-WS. However, I have a rather complex dependency on JAX-WS and JAXB RI that makes it difficult to switch.

Does any one have any solution that would allow me to stay with JAX-WS, JAXB RI and still use Spring Security and OASIS WSS?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I have the same problem and looking for some guidance on same issue.

I read somewhere that Spring-WS uses Sun's XWSS implementation to provide OASIS WSS support. Can any one confirm that? If so, it would seem logical that you should be able to use Sun's XWSS implementation with Spring Security without using Spring WS and from within your current impl based upon JAX-WS and JAXB RI since they are compatible with Sun's XWSS implementation.

Can any one point me to apprpriate docs on how to use Sun XWSS and Spring Security together. Thanks.

Originally posted by coureux.eric View Post
    Hello,

I have a server that was generated WSDL-first using JAX-WS and JAXB RI. I would like to use Spring Security for my server. I would also like the SOAP security to be compliant with OASIS WSS spec. I understand that Spring Security works with WSS if I use Spring-WS. However, I have a rather complex dependency on JAX-WS and JAXB RI that makes it difficult to switch.

Does any one have any solution that would allow me to stay with JAX-WS, JAXB RI and still use Spring Security and OASIS WSS?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Comment

According to this:

<http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/sites/1.5/reference/html/security.html#security-xws-security-interceptor>

it is clear that Spring WS works with Sun XWSS using an interceptor:

org.springframework.ws.soap.security.xwss.XwsSecur ityInterceptor

So in theory it should be possible to write a similar interceptor for JAX-WS RI.

Has any one done this already and can share their work?

Comment

Working...
      X