X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security:authorize tag and decision voters

I would like to use some spring security tags in my jsps to conditionally present a user with links to various action on an object. I don't like ACL idea just yet, and was hoping to solve it with a custom decision voter. From looking at the overhead of making jdbc calls for every object i want to display, I think it's an over kill.

My users will have general roles: ROLE_AUTH, ROLE_ADMIN. But they will also be part of a group (business unit). The objects these users will be accessing belong to some business unit. So users belonging to a particular group will have read/write access to the object.

Example: user_1 has UserDetails, containing information about which groups he belongs to and all the roles he can perform on behalf of those groups:
    groupId 2 - ROLE_MANAGER.
    groupId 7 - ROLE_FACILITATOR,ROLE_ADMIN
    groupId 11 - ROLE_CUTOM_ROLE1

The business object they are trying to access has a simple groupId field. So it's a matter of comparing businessObject.getGroupId() to the list of groups this user belongs to.

I know that if i put a simple url intercept i can get my custom decision voter to look at the Authenticaion object, url, and configs.

But how do i call a custom voter with <security:authorize/> tag? I would basically want to pass the Authentication, the object, and a role list.

looks like i have to create my own tag; model it after:
    Code:
    org.springframework.security.taglibs.authz.AuthorizeTag
    Code:

public int doStartTag() throws JspException {
    if (youHaveNoAuthToThis(obj))
        return Tag.SKIP_BODY;

else 
        return Tag.EVAL_BODY_INCLUDE;

Comment

Working...
    X