X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to allow auto-login

I have a legacy application that during a migration period, I need to allow auto-login into this new Spring Security application and would like some help to understand how I could do this in the new Spring Security?

Use a Pre-auth provider

If you read the documentation, you will find information on the PreAuthenticatedAuthenticationProvider. A sample config is as follows:

<beans:bean id="xyzUserDetailsService" class ="com.xyzcorp.test.dao.UserDetailDao"/>

<authentication-provider user-service-ref='xyzUserDetailsService'>
    </authentication-provider>

<beans:bean id="singleSignOnFilter"
    class="com.xyzcorp.test.auth.SingleSignOn">
    <custom-filter position="PRE_AUTH_FILTER" />
    <beansroperty name="authenticationManager" ref="authenticationManager" />
    </beans:bean>

<beans:bean id="preauthAuthProvider"
    class="org.springframework.security.providers.prea uth.PreAuthenticatedAuthenticationProvider">
    <custom-authentication-provider />
    <beansroperty name="preAuthenticatedUserDetailsService">
    <beans:bean id="userDetailsServiceWrapper"
    class="org.springframework.security.userdetails.Us erDetailsByNameServiceWrapper">
    <beansroperty name="userDetailsService" ref="xyzUserDetailsService"/>
    </beansroperty>

<authentication-manager alias="authenticationManager" />

You will have to implement UserDetailDao and SingleSignOn

Comment

I started to create the entry like:

Code:

<beans:bean id="jdbcUserDetailService" class="org.springframework.security.userdetails.jdbc.JdbcDaoImpl">
              <beans:property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
              <beans:property name="usersByUsernameQuery"
                  value="SELECT cr.username, cr.password, 'true' FROM plat.dbo.customer cr WHERE cr.username = ?" />
              <beans:property name="authoritiesByUsernameQuery"
                  value="SELECT customer.username, role.name as authority FROM plat.dbo.customer customer, plat.dbo.role role, plat.dbo.customer_role customer_role WHERE customer_role.customer_username = customer.username AND customer_role.role_id = role.id AND customer.username = ?" />

<!-- Single Sign-On filtering -->

<authentication-provider user-service-ref='jdbcUserDetailService'>
              class="com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter">
              <beans:property name="authenticationManager" ref="authenticationManager" />
                      class="org.springframework.security.providers.preauth.PreAuthenticatedAuthenticationProvider">
              <beans:property name="preAuthenticatedUserDetailsService">
                          class="org.springframework.security.userdetails.UserDetailsByNameServiceWrapper">
                      <beans:property name="userDetailsService" ref="jdbcUserDetailService"/>
              </beans:property>
          <authentication-manager alias="authenticationManager" />
      But I keep getting this error:

Code:
      SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '_filterChainProxy': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '_filterChainList': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.springframework.security.config.OrderedFilterBeanDefinitionDecorator$OrderedFilterDecorator] while setting bean property 'filters' with key [11]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#6': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'singleSignOnFilter' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'singleSignOnFilter' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'authenticationManager' of bean class [com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter]: No property 'authenticationManager' found
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:470)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:404)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:375)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:263)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:170)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:260)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:184)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:163)
       at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:430)
       at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
       at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
       at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:254)
       at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:198)
       at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

Comment

In the traceback it's saying "No property 'authenticationManager' found". That implies to me that your com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter class doesn't have a setter for that.

Comment

I got the filter to work and pick up the parameters, but now the forward does not seem to work:

Code:
              public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
                                  FilterChain chain)
              throws IOException, ServletException {
                  //chain.doFilter(wrapRequest(request), response);

if (!(request instanceof HttpServletRequest)) {
                      chain.doFilter(request, response);
                  }

String userId = request.getParameter("username");
                  String password = request.getParameter("password");

if(userId == null || password == null){
                  }
                  else{

System.out.println("=============================================");
                      System.out.println("userId: " + userId);
                      System.out.println("password: " + password);
                      //Test: http://localhost:8888/myservepath/services/index.html?username=13011&password=1234

String acegiUrl = "/j_spring_security_check?j_username="
                                          + userId
                                          + "&j_password="
                                          + password;

if (config != null) {
                          config.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(acegiUrl).forward(request, response);
                          return;

}

}

}
          What can I do to forward this request?

Comment

Has anyone else done this? Can someone please help me on this? It is much appreciated...

Comment

Here is my code

Here is my code for Single Sign On. If I return a String instead of null in the method getPreAuthenticatedPrincipal, the sign in will work automatically. I wish someone would help me out with http-https switching - it is much appreciated too

package com.nonamecorp.nonameproject.auth;

import javax.servlet.http.Cookie;
              import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
              import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;

import org.springframework.security.Authentication;
              import org.springframework.security.AuthenticationExcepti on;
              import org.springframework.security.ui.FilterChainOrder;
              import org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.AbstractPr eAuthenticatedProcessingFilter;
              import org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.PreAuthent icatedCredentialsNotFoundException;

public class SingleSignOn extends AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter {

/**
              * Read and returns the header named by <tt>principalRequestHeader</tt> from the request.
              * @throws PreAuthenticatedCredentialsNotFoundException if the header is missing
              */
              protected Object getPreAuthenticatedPrincipal(HttpServletRequest request) {
              Cookie cookies[] = request.getCookies();
              if (cookies != null)
              {
              for (int i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
              System.out.println("Cookie " + cookies[i].getName() + "=" + cookies[i].getValue() + ", " + cookies[i].getSecure() + ", " + cookies[i].getPath());
              }
              }
              return null;
              }

/**
              * Credentials aren't usually applicable.
              */
              protected Object getPreAuthenticatedCredentials(HttpServletRequest request) {

return "N/A";
              }

protected void successfulAuthentication(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, Authentication authResult) {
              super.successfulAuthentication(request, response, authResult);
              }

protected void unsuccessfulAuthentication(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, AuthenticationException failed) {
              super.unsuccessfulAuthentication(request, response, failed);
              Cookie c = new Cookie("testcc", "value");
              c.setMaxAge(14 * 24 * 60 * 60);
              response.addCookie(c);
              System.out.println("Test failed authentication");
              }

public int getOrder() {
              return FilterChainOrder.PRE_AUTH_FILTER;
              }
              }

Comment

Section 16, page 57 of the Spring Security Reference guide explains how to handle pre-authentication.

http://static.springframework.org/sp...reference.html

Maybe that would work for you?

Comment

I used your class, then added a check to return a String as you suggested:
                  Code:
                      protected Object getPreAuthenticatedPrincipal(HttpServletRequest request) {
                          Cookie cookies[] = request.getCookies();
                          if (cookies != null){
                              for (int i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
                                  System.out.println("Cookie "
                                  + cookies[i].getName() + "=" + cookies[i].getValue()
                                  + ", " + cookies[i].getSecure()
                                  + ", " + cookies[i].getPath());
                              }
                          }

String userId = request.getParameter("username");
                          String password = request.getParameter("password");

System.out.println("userId: " + userId);
                          System.out.println("password: " + password);

if(userId != null && password != null){
                              return "logged in";
                          } else{
                              return null;
                          }
                      }
                  But I still get directed to the login screen, and get this in my logs:

Code:
                  Cookie JSESSIONID=B208365ED0E25E8433E94CB12A20578A, false, null
                  =============================================
                  userId: user1
                  password: p@ssord
                  Test failed authentication

Comment

It works fine for me

Maybe you should post your security.xml file for us to look at

Comment

Code:
                      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
                        - Sample namespace-based configuration
                        -
                        - $Id: applicationContext-security.xml 3019 2008-05-01 17:51:48Z luke_t $
                        -->
                      <beans:beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/security"
                          xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
                          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                          xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
                                               http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
                                              http://www.springframework.org/schema/security
                                               http://www.springframework.org/schema/security/spring-security-2.0.1.xsd">

<global-method-security secured-annotations="enabled">
                              <!-- AspectJ pointcut expression that locates our "post" method and applies security that way
                              <protect-pointcut expression="execution(* bigbank.*Service.post*(..))" access="ROLE_TELLER"/>
                              -->
                          </global-method-security>

<!--<beans:bean id="secureResourceFilter" class="com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter" />-->

<http auto-config="true" access-denied-page="/view/error/403.jsp">
                              <intercept-url pattern="/login.jsp*" filters="none"/>
                              <intercept-url pattern="/login.html*" filters="none"/>

<intercept-url pattern="/view/admin/**" access="ROLE_ADMIN"/>
                              <intercept-url pattern="/services/**" access="ROLE_CUSTOMER"/>

<!-- All of this is unnecessary if auto-config="true" -->
                              <form-login login-page="/login.html" authentication-failure-url="/login.html?login_error=1" default-target-url="/services/index.html" />

<!--anonymous / -->

<!--http-basic / -->

<logout logout-success-url="/index.html"/>

<!--remember-me /-->

<!--servlet-api-integration /-->

<concurrent-session-control max-sessions="1" exception-if-maximum-exceeded="true"/>

</http>

<!--<authentication-provider>
                              <jdbc-user-service data-source-ref="dataSource"
                              users-by-username-query="SELECT cr.username, cr.password, 'true' FROM plat.dbo.customer cr WHERE cr.username = ?"

authorities-by-username-query="SELECT customer.username, role.name as authority FROM plat.dbo.customer customer, plat.dbo.role role, plat.dbo.customer_role customer_role WHERE customer_role.customer_username = customer.username AND customer_role.role_id = role.id AND customer.username = ?"/>
                          </authentication-provider>-->

<!-- Single Sign-On filtering -->
                          <!--
                          Test with this URL:
                          http://localhost:8888/myservepath/services/index.html?username=13011&password=st@g3!
                          -->

<beans:bean id="jdbcUserDetailService" class="org.springframework.security.userdetails.jdbc.JdbcDaoImpl">
                              <beans:property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
                              <beans:property name="usersByUsernameQuery"
                                  value="SELECT cr.username, cr.password, 'true' FROM plat.dbo.customer cr WHERE cr.username = ?" />
                              <beans:property name="authoritiesByUsernameQuery"
                                  value="SELECT customer.username, role.name as authority FROM plat.dbo.customer customer, plat.dbo.role role, plat.dbo.customer_role customer_role WHERE customer_role.customer_username = customer.username AND customer_role.role_id = role.id AND customer.username = ?" />

<!--<beans:bean id="jdbcUserDetailService" class ="com.xyzcorp.test.dao.UserDetailDao"/>-->

<authentication-provider user-service-ref='jdbcUserDetailService'>

class="com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter">

<beans:property name="authenticationManager" ref="authenticationManagerAlias" />

class="org.springframework.security.providers.preauth.PreAuthenticatedAuthenticationProvider">

<beans:property name="preAuthenticatedUserDetailsService">
                                          class="org.springframework.security.userdetails.UserDetailsByNameServiceWrapper">
                                      <beans:property name="userDetailsService" ref="jdbcUserDetailService"/>
                              </beans:property>

<authentication-manager alias="authenticationManagerAlias"/>

</beans:beans>

Comment

It looks like you are forwarding to a URL and expecting the filter chain to pick it up, but this won't happen unless you have your web.xml set up appropriately.

http://static.springframework.org/sp...ity-on-forward

Do you get a 404 for j_spring_security_check? Debug logging information is usually the best way of diagnosing this kind of thing.

Comment

I added my filter to my web.xml:
                          Code:
                              <filter>
                                  <filter-name>singleSignOnSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
                                  <filter-class>com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter</filter-class>
                              </filter>
                              <filter-mapping>
                                  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                                  <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
                                  <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
                                  <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
                              </filter-mapping>
                          So on a url without a username & password on the querystring I get this in the logs:
                          Code:
                          return 'null'
                          Cookie JSESSIONID=E0A1CB23F431BAB7B4DBE16949535AA8, false, null
                          return 'null'
                          return 'null'
                          return 'null'
                          Then I used "http://localhost:8888/myservepath/services/index.html?username=13011&password=p@ssword"

and got:

Code:
                          return 'null'
                          Cookie testcc=value, false, null
                          Cookie JSESSIONID=E0A1CB23F431BAB7B4DBE16949535AA8, false, null
                          =============================Aug 8, 2008 10:57:16 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
                          SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servle================
                          userId: 13011
                          password: p@ssword
                          ******************************t threw exception
                          java.lang.NullPointerException
                              at org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessin****************
                          return 'logged in'
                          gFilter.doAuthenticate(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:87)
                              at org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:58)
                              at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
                              at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
                              at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
                              at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:568)
                              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
                              at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
                              at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
                              at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
                              at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
                              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Comment

So look at the line number:

http://static.springframework.org/sp...Filter.html#87

which would indicate that the authenticationManager is null. Unless the filter is loaded as part of the application context, it won't be initialized properly. Use a DelegatingFilterProxy rather than defining it directly in web.xml.

Comment

I already had this in my web.xml:

Code:
                                    <filter>
                                      <filter-class>com.servepath.security.SingleSignOnFilter</filter-class>
                                  </filter>
                                  <filter-mapping>
                                      <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
                                      <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
                                      <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
                                  </filter-mapping>

<filter>
                                      <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
                                      <filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy</filter-class>
                                  </filter>
                                  <filter-mapping>
                                      <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
                                  </filter-mapping>
                              So I can delete my SingleSignOnFilter again, but I still do not know how to make the user Auto-Signed in as per my requirements.

Comment

Working...
                              X