Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CacheManager is not alive.

After stoping Tomcat 5 my spring.log containts:

support.AbstractBeanFactory Retrieving dependent beans for bean 'userCache'
    07.апр.2005 18:19:05,139 support.AbstractBeanFactory$1 Invoking destroy() on bean with name 'userCache'
    07.апр.2005 18:19:05,171 support.AbstractBeanFactory Destroy method on bean with name 'userCache' threw an exception
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: The CacheManager is not alive.
    at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.checkStatus(CacheManag er.java:417)
    at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.removeCache(CacheManag er.java:355)
    at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.cache.EhCacheBa sedUserCache.destroy(EhCacheBasedUserCache.java:11 3)

Code:
    <bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
             <property name="authenticationDao"><ref local="jdbcAuthenticationDao"/></property>
             <property name="userCache"><ref local="userCache"/></property>
        </bean>

<bean id="userCache" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.cache.EhCacheBasedUserCache">
             <property name="minutesToIdle" value="5"/>
        </bean>

What's wrong? Where is my mistake?

My guess is that the EhCache CacheManager has already been shutdown during the beanfactory destruction, prior to the call to remove.

What versions of Spring/Acegi are you using. There isn't a "destroy" method on EhCacheBasedUserCache in the current version. It was refactored 4 months ago and the cache lifecycle stuff should now be handled by Spring rather than Acegi.

Can you try using the latest release?

Luke.

Comment

In more recent Acegi Security versions, the EH-CACHE instance is now managed by the Spring IoC container. If you upgrade to later versions of Spring and Acegi Security, you should find the problem fixed.

Comment

You can find the problem and the solution here: http://forum.springframework.org/sho...ed=1#post55833

Comment

Working...
        X