X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JdbcDaoImpl error

I am new to using Acegi Security. I am using version 0.8.1 and am getting the following error when the application context is loading. I get the same error when using ImMemoryDaoImpl. Both these classes implement net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.AuthenticationD ao which does not extend net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.AuthenticationProvi der.

11:36:45,062 ERROR ContextLoader:172 - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'authenticationManager' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptions Exception: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationExceptio n: Property 'providers' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AuthenticationProvider net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.jdbc.JdbcDaoImp l must implement AuthenticationProvider]

It sounds like you need to use a DaoAuthenticationProvider rather than the Dao directly - the authentication manager is configured with a list of AuthenticationProviders.

Follow the configuration for the contacts sample app. which uses JdbcDaoImpl.

Luke.

Comment

Thanks Luke!

You are correct. I missed the part about including the DaoAuthenticationProvider.

Comment

Working...
      X