X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Function of filter Attribute in http

I am not able to figure this that what is the actual purpose of filters attribute in
    <intercept-url pattern="..." filters="...." access="ROLE_..."/>
    element if anybody can clear this to me i will be gratful for the favor.

Regards

From the schema:

"The filter list for the path. Currently can be set to 'none' to remove a path from having any filters applied. The full filter stack (consisting of all defined filters, will be applied to any other paths)."

Comment

Right. 'none' is very handy if you send, say, /* to the springSecurityFilterChain from the web.xml but don't want certain subcategories of URLs to be processed. For instance, I am working on a corporate "template" project where actual projects may or may not use J2EE security. In the case the project does use J2EE security, I want various offline configurations to map to the non-j2ee versions for convenience. So the non-j2ee configuration doesn't have any filters="none" entries but the J2EE version has an <intercept:url pattern="/j_security_check" filters="none"> attribute (because I want the container to process the authentication in this case).

Comment

does this mean that i can define customize filters in my web.xml file and assigne that filter here???? will it work as i said or is it suppose to have Spring Provided Filters

Comment

You can do it either way, or both. It just depends on what you are trying to do. Standard URL syntax for the web.xml is a bit less flexible than Apache Ant-style syntax, so I generally prefer to exclude from the springSecurityFilterChain. Also I don't know of any way to specify a url-mapping in a web.xml as an "exclude" URL.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad_sibtain View Post
            does this mean that i can define customize filters in my web.xml file and assigne that filter here???? will it work as i said or is it suppose to have Spring Provided Filters
            No, it's referring to the filters created by the Spring namespace configuration or added into the stack using the <custom-filter> element.

Comment

Working...
            X