Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register login information in database

Hi, everyone.

When someone logs in my application, I want to register in the database his user, the current timestamp and his IP. In addition, when this person logs out, I want to update that line I've inserted before with the logout timestamp.

How could I implement this with Spring Security 2.0?

Thanks.
    David

You can add a listener for authentication events and extract the IP address from the Authentication.getDetails() value. Also you can add your own LogoutHandler to add behaviour during a logout. You'll find both of these discussed in the forum. Note that the logout handler won't be called for session timeouts.

Comment

Luke, thanks for the information. It was very helpful.

I'll explain how I've implemented this, in case someone else needs it:

First, I created a class which implements ApplicationListener. In this class I had to implement the onApplicationEvent(ApplicationEvent event) method.

Code:
      if (event instanceof AuthenticationSuccessEvent) {
         // Logon event
         UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken token = (UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken) event.getSource();
         WebAuthenticationDetails details = (WebAuthenticationDetails) token.getDetails();
         String login = (String) token.getCredentials();

addToDataBase(login, event.getTimestamp(), details.getRemoteAddress(), details.getSessionId());

} else if (event instanceof HttpSessionDestroyedEvent) {
         // Logout event
         HttpSession session = (HttpSession) event.getSource();

updateLogoffTimestamp(session.getId(), event.getTimestamp());		
      }
      This works fine. Now, I have to handle the case of session timeout. Searching in this forum, I found out that if I register a listener in web.xml, the session timeout event will be caught by my application listener and nothing else needed to be done.

Code:
      <listener>
        <listener-class>org.springframework.security.ui.session.HttpSessionEventPublisher</listener-class>
      </listener>
      Problem solved (I think...).

Comment

Thanks for the thread. Googled 1st for "spring security login event"

Comment

Working...
        X