X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with session timeout

Hi. I am having problems with my application when the session times out. I am getting a servlet exception.
    Code:
    HTTP Status 500 - 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception 
    javax.servlet.ServletException
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SecurityEnforcementFilter.java:213)
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractIntegrationFilter.doFilter(AbstractIntegrationFilter.java:170)
    	at net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:213)
    Is there a way where i can direct to a page when the session times out? and perhaps ask the user to just log in again? if i can, can i direct the user to the last link that he/she is trying to access before my "session time out" message appears? any suggestions about handling this?

Thanks! any help will be very much appreciated.

Any chance we could see that entire stack trace? The ServletException thrown is a wrapped exception so we need to see the "Root Cause".

Comment

Ooooopppss..sorry. here is the entire stacktrace i got..
      Code:
      HTTP Status 500 - 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception 

at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SecurityEnforcementFilter.java:213)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
      	at net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractIntegrationFilter.doFilter(AbstractIntegrationFilter.java:170)
      	at net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:333)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2422)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
      	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
      	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:163)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
      	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause 

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:545)
      	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:486)
      	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
      	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
      	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
      	at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:70)
      	at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SecurityEnforcementFilter.java:169)
      	at net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:333)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2422)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
      	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
      	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:163)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
      	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.30
      There...i hope you can help me. thanks again by the way, i am also using struts, spring and hibernate in this project

Comment

Now that I see the stack trace I am truly clueless :P

I am having problems with my application when the session times out.
        Could you explain in detail what process you are following, and where it goes wrong please? I don't want to declare it a Struts problem and walk away, but it looks like a Struts problem :P

Comment

Look at the source...

If you have the corresponding Struts source available to you, take a look at the offending statement which should be:

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processE xception(RequestProcessor.java:545)

That might give you some clue as to where to look next. Otherwise, I'm clueless as well.

(slowly walking away)

Comment

If you disable Acegi Security filters, do you still have the same problem when your session expires?

Comment

Working...
            X