X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichClient and Certificate Authentication

How do we handle certificate-based authentication when using acegi from richclient?

This might be a very vague question, but my lack of X.509 certificate understanding has lot to do with that. So any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Amad

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the rich client project (yet). The current implementation is intended for use with web applications where the client-side of the SSL connection is handled entirely by the browser. So it's not intended to work as it stands with anything else.

However, if the client is using an Https connection then the client side code shouldn't be too complicated.

Do you have a specific requirement for this at the moment?

Luke.

Comment

Luke, its one of the generic requirements that says,

".. Should support X.509 based Authentication". And our App is s a richclient and uses HttpInvoker to access server-side? I guess the main question is how does the client handle certificates?

amad

Comment

With the SSL provider you just have to tell it which keystore to use by setting the property "javax.net.ssl.keyStore" and it will obtain it's client certificate from there. I'm not sure how this fits in with Spring's HttpInvoker though. I'll have a look into it.

Luke.

Comment

Working...
        X