Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid web-security? How-to?

Hello all.
    Recently I started implementing a web-based application.
    I like Acegi, and decided to give it a try.
    One of my colleagues had written something prior to my tests, and I decided to use that.

However I was very disappointed, that I have to set up url security by hand.

In a couple of words: I have a user-only application, that requires that the user authenticates prior to accessing any part of the application. However when I did this:
    Code:
      <bean id="filterInvocationInterceptor" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor">
        <property name="objectDefinitionSource">
          <value>
            CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
            PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
            /**=ROLE_USER
            /admin/**=ROLE_ADMIN
          </value>
        </property>
      </bean>
    I got held up by an infinite web-redirecting when the user tries to access the login page at /login.html, or /security_check or /index.jsp (which just redirects to the login page).
    I tried to find a way do disable security checks for the index and the login resources, but to no avail.[/b]

So. Is it possible to exclude any resources from the security checks?
    I tried:
    Code:
            PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
            /=
            /login.html=
            /index.jsp=
            /security_check=
            /**=ROLE_USER
    But this dies with a NPE when initializing the bean.

The only (I don't like it, but...) way I found is to secure EVERYTHING except the login resources, but this approach is a complete PITA when it comes to a modularized application, where modules would be added, and the security module will not know anything about them.

See the Contacts Sample which demonstrates anonymous authentication. It addresses what you want to do. It's discussed at http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net...y-ui-anonymous.

Comment

Yep! That's exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X