Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Authorization Dynamically

Hi,

I have an application which uses spring and acegi.I want to have access this application with a particular user name along with a special password (This is for admin purpose).If user(admin) access in this way he should be able to perform a certain number of functions only.In a scenario like this what is the best way I can handle this with Acegi.
    I have tried it by changing the role when user log in (Checks whether the special password has entered if so then the user's set of roles is replaced with the special role).But this method seems giving trouble when saving (since cascading save in user object will cause to save the special role in database).

Please advise me on this issue.

Thanks

So are you saying that admin users have two passwords? A special one that makes them an administrator and a normal one?

Comment

What i meant was that there are normal users for my application and in some cases administrators can login with a special password along with a particular username.Then administrator can see records relavant to that particular user
      e.g :-
      A particular normal user logs in with a username of "ID124567" and password of "secret123".
      Let's say an admin wants to see some records of that user so he logs with a username of "ID124567" (same as above) and special password which is different from above (this special password can be used to see any user specific data when admin wants)
      * even though i have mention the "admin" here , anyone who has this password can access the records of the user who belongs the username.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X