X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LdapPasswordAuthenticationDao Interest

I have started looking at using Acegi. My setup is that I have a OpenLDAP server configured for Samba 2.2 use. I downloaded the LdapPasswordAuthenticationDao from the acegi sandbox, and found a few things that kept me from using it; I recently submitted a small patch to fix these. My question is: is there any interest in me making other changes? This is what I have in mind:
    • userContext - Make this a MessageFormat; specified in the config like: "cn={0},ou=Users,dc=company,dc=com"
      userContexts - Create an array, for cases where there are different contexts for different groups.
      roleContexts - Add an array of MessageFormats for cases when the LDAP schema specifies that user roles are stored as an OU with each rolename containing a list of the users it applies to.
      Sorry - I don't know of any decent way to unit test JNDI.

I don't want to step on any toes, but I think this could make the LdapPasswordAuthenticationDao a good bit more useful.

For the benefit of the forum archive, we've moved this discussion to acegisecurity-developer mailing list and added Robert's patches.

Comment

Working...
    X