Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• org.apache.tapestry.BindingException in Hispacta

Hello,

Been receiving this error message today in Hispacta. Haven't changed any code - just trying to get it to work. Using MySQL 4.1 for the database.

Here it is:
    --------------------------------
    org.apache.tapestry.BindingException

Unable to resolve expression 'items' for hispacta.tapestry.page.NewssPage$Enhance_15@1ecfcd 9[Newss].

binding: ExpressionBinding[Newss items] location: context:/WEB-INF/Newss.page, line 26, column 48
    ognl.OgnlException

items
    org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException
    Bad SQL grammar [null] in task 'HibernateAccessor'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '?' at line 1
    java.sql.SQLException
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '?' at line 1

Also, another peculiarity deeper in the exception. The app behaved as though the user was indeed logged in. But this trace shows otherwise.
    --------------------------------------
    ACEGI_SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.UsernamePasswordAut henticationToken@6dcfde: Username: [1:Admin John:admin]; Password: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: false; Details: null; Granted Authorities: ROLE_HOME_ADMIN, ROLE_PERSONNEL_ADMIN, ROLE_CONTRACT_ADMIN
    --------------------------------------

Any help I receive I will appreciate.

Richard

I'm not sure this is an Acegi Security issue. The "authenticated: false" relates to whether AbstractIntegrationFilter set the property to true, which would necessitate it intercepting a secure URI request or method invocation (via an appropriate concrete subclass). Don't let the flag confuse you, as it's not of great meaning to most applications.

Try posting the stack trace of your error, and the SQL grammar that seems to be the source of the problem, in case someone can help you.

Comment

Problem fixed

Thanks for the help. Found the problem in the hibernate mapping area. Hispacta is a little schizo in that it was built with both MySQL and HSQL - with both libraries and configuration blended into the whole.

Now that this matter is all sorted out and working, I can drill into the framework and play with it. I didn't enjoy the steep learning curve much, but I sure learned a heck of a lot in the process.

Comment

Re: Problem fixed

Originally posted by rlbaldwin
        I didn't enjoy the steep learning curve much, but I sure learned a heck of a lot in the process.
        We always welcome suggestions, documentation contributions etc. You can even post your thoughts on your own blog etc, and we'll link to it from [url]http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/[url].

Comment

Working...
        X