• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Logins, different login forms

I've got this webapp that has 2 different entry points:
    - login 1 requires account id, username and password
    - login 2 requires only username and password

What would I have to do to get this done?

Are all users coming from the same AuthenticationProvider (ie backend database)?

This thread might give some ideas on how multiple authentication tokens can be used: http://forum.springframework.org/viewtopic.php?t=284.

This thread might give some ideas on chaining authentication providers (basically you probably want to do that): http://forum.springframework.org/viewtopic.php?t=2729.

Comment

I have same kind of situtation.

- two restricted ares and a public area
      www.myapp.com
      www.myapp.com/users/
      www.myapp.com/admin/

- two entry points to the restricted areas and two error pages

www.myapp.com/login.jsp
      www.myapp.com/loginerror.jsp
      www.myapp.com/login2.jsp
      www.myapp.com/loginerror2.jsp

- two database tables where user information is stored

I could find instructions how to write custom code to authenticate but still have problems to define two entry points & error pages ???

How this can be achieved?

Comment

Is it really necessary to have this level of complexity in your app? Surely it would be easier to have a consolidated login page, and login error page, and a single AuthenticationEntryPoint. A delegating/custom AuthenticationDao or AuthenticationManager can be used to successively poll different backends until the user is located. Is the use of two login pages a symptom of having two different databases - does it really need to be preserved?

Comment

Using two different databases is a customer requirement.

Is it possible to forward client based on the role? If I would use
          single login page www.myapp.com/login.jsp can I do something
          like:

* if role == admin -> www.myapp.com/admin/
          * if role == user -> www.myapp.com/user/

???

Comment

So does that mean if there are different logins it should be different webapps altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by igeca
              Using two different databases is a customer requirement.

Is it possible to forward client based on the role? If I would use
              single login page www.myapp.com/login.jsp can I do something
              like:

* if role == admin -> www.myapp.com/admin/
              * if role == user -> www.myapp.com/user/
              Yes, this is possible. For example you can read the session variable defined by ACEGI_SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION_KEY to get the role and use it in your controller (depending on the framework you are using) to forward to the desired location.

Philipp

Comment

You should use the ContextHolder to obtain the current Authentication - never use HttpSession. Indeed the ACEGI_SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION_KEY attribute is removed in version 0.8.0 (coming soon) and replaced with storage of the Context as a whole.

Regarding forwarding, if it's just a case of having a single login page but a different "login success" page, you could use the AbstractProcessingFilter.alwaysUseDefaultTargetUrl to redirect to a standard JSP which then uses the Acegi Security authz taglib to do the redirection based on role held by the user.

Comment

Working...
                X