Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacts example fails (kit 0.7.0)

Hello,

I'm attempting to run the "contacts-container-adapter" example unchanged for the time being, but it fails with the following error:

"Feb 11, 2005 3:39:37 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
    SEVERE: Begin event threw error
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/realm/RealmBase".

It fails immediately after I replace the server.xml's default Tomcat Realm with the one suggested in the Reference Documentation for Catalina (Tomcat) Installation - section 1.11.3.

I installed the applicationContext.xml from the war into the {tomcat_home}/conf directory without changes. I deployed the example war without changes into the {tomcat_home}/webapps directory. I performed the configuration changes as instructed in section 1.11.3.

I'm tripping the acegi security framework, since the login page appears. When I attempt to authenticate, I receive back the failure indication. Several of those failed attempts later and I'm locked out. I presume this is default behavior.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Richard

I'd have to actually try it out with the Tomcat version you're using. Which version is that?

Also, is there a particular reason you're using the container adapter approach, as it's generally not recommended?

Comment

container adapter sample

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I was using the container adapter approach because I didn't know any better. The Contacts sample works fine.

I'm using Tomcat 5.

Finally, it would have been exceptionally handy to have had a bulleted, one-page list of instructions accompanying each sample. Likewise, it would have helped immensely to have had a one-page Tomcat environment configuration sheet located within each example. In other words, having all pertinent instructions located with each 'contacts' sample would have saved me a day. I'm very eager to get this going.

I appreciate your hard work in putting this technology out there for us.

Richard

Comment

No worries at all. I wish I had more free time to devote to Acegi Security - indeed there are many features I'd really like to add. It's just a question of fitting it in around paid projects etc. I warmly welcome contributions, which we'd published at http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net to assist the community. Simple HTML documents are just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X