• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wpraet View Post
    Hi there,

did you set the
    Code:
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility
    property in the webcontainer to 'true'?
    Where can I find this property? I can find the WebContainer page within the server and then there are three options, Custom Properties (empty), web container transport chains, and session management.

I'm getting a 404 file not found error for j_acegi_security_check using Websphere 6.1.

Cheers,
    Illu

Comment

Originally posted by Illu View Post
      Where can I find this property? I can find the WebContainer page within the server and then there are three options, Custom Properties (empty), web container transport chains, and session management.

I'm getting a 404 file not found error for j_acegi_security_check using Websphere 6.1.

Cheers,
      Illu
      Just add it via the option Custom Properties. But I have tried it on both WAS 6.1.0.9 and WAS 6.1.0.11 with no luck.

/Fredrik

Comment

Have you tried the workaround posted in the Jira issue? I'd be interested to know if this works.

Comment

I believe you have misread the fix version in the supplied link in JIRA issue, it reads 6.1.0.3 which is long passed. I got Acegi login to work under 6.1.0.9 with the suggested web container variable set, but it no longer works under 6.1.0.11. Regression bug, no doubt. *sigh* Let's hope for fixpack 6.1.0.13, due in end of November. In the meantime, Tomcat does the job for me. It usually always does.

Comment

Hi
            Now the fixpack 6.1.0.13 is out (since 21 November). Anyone tried it?
            We keep a very happy relationship with Tomcat so far. Quick, easy and working with Spring Security... could you wish for more? Also, IBM RAD is being kicked out in favour of EasyEclipse... long live open-source!

Comment

Originally posted by kantorn View Post
              I believe you have misread the fix version in the supplied link in JIRA issue, it reads 6.1.0.3 which is long passed. I got Acegi login to work under 6.1.0.9 with the suggested web container variable set, but it no longer works under 6.1.0.11.
              I meant the workaround that involves creating a file whose name matches the URL you are requesting.

Comment

Yes, I tried it. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, but for me made things much worse.

Comment

Yes, I tried it. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, but for me made things much worse.
                  For me this works when using 6.1.0.11 + Web Services Feature Pack.

Comment

Cool!
                    Where can I find Web Services Feature Pack?

Comment

Hi!

Is it!?

I get "HTTP 404 Not Found" on a brand new 6.1.0.11 install
                      When do you get this error ?

I have Acegi/CAS all working fine in WAS 6.1.0.11, and know the pitfalls pretty well. Should be easy enough to sort out.

Comment

Cool!
                        Not needed to get WAS/ACEGI/CAS working though :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Newport View Post
                          Should be easy enough to sort out.
                          I would of course be most grateful for any step-by-step description how you have succeded in getting this work. The suggested solution with a dummy resource in the WAR-file just made my app crash even before the login view was displayed. Hence made things worse.

Comment

Cool!
                            I dont think the Web Services Feature Pack has anything to do with this but you can find it here: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg27004980

Comment

OK, first things first. What are you deploying on ?

Are you running locally with RAD 7 and WAS 6.1 ?

The crucial WAS bug is solved by adding in the property com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility =true on the web container.

The big source of confusion for me in fixing this was not realizing that when I apply fix packs to RAD 7, it does not apply WAS fixes at the same time to the integrated WAS 6.1 server that comes with RAD 7. You have to patch your local WAS with the full WAS fix packs (which is quite an involved process).

Can you confirm the following:

a) the application is running on at least WAS 6.1.0.11 e.g. WebSphere Platform 6.1 [BASE 6.1.0.11 cf110734.37]

b) the exact URL you are having the 404 on

Can you post the acegi config for your application, and web.xml.

404's for me have always been either:

servlet filter configured wrongly in web.xml
                              com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility not set to true
                              com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility set to true but WAS not patched to correct level.

Comment

Hi Paul and thanks!
                                I haven't forgot this one, but it's amazing how quick a working solution establishes itself in an organisation. Tomcat working, and no questions asked.
                                Until X-mas I probably won't get any opportunity to test your solution, but let me return with proper answers in a couple of days, ok? This is of grat strategic value to us.
                                Like Terminator, I'll be back!

Happy Holidays if I don't see ya'!

Comment

Working...
                                X