Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[SEC-472] Overriding AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint Concern Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SEC-472] Overriding AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint Concern

Hi,

Perhaps I'm confused, but it seems the issue (which was closed as part of Spring 1.0.4) isn't fully flushed out. Although the patch allows one to add multiple URLs as entry points by overriding the determineUrlToUseForThisRequest method. There is no such equivalent for the various exception handling pages. For example, the AuthenticationProcessingFilter.authenticationFailu reUrl method is a static mapping. Perhaps the design was that an Acegi user would set the authenticationFailureUrl everytime the onUnsuccessfulAuthentication method is called? Also, is there a workaround for the ConcurrentSessionFilter's expiredUrl? Otherwise, the user may be presented with a login page that is not appropriate for their role, etc...this can be confusing.
    Thanks,
    Julian

I would have thought the JIRA issue might be a good place to raise these concerns.
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 30th, 2007, 06:20 AM.

Comment

ok, well I wanted to make sure that this was not a known problem or a stupid question first. I'll add a comment in JIRA. thx

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
        ok, well I wanted to make sure that this was not a known problem or a stupid question first. I'll add a comment in JIRA. thx
        If the points you've raised weren't explicity part of the defect, these might need raising separately.
        Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 30th, 2007, 06:20 AM.

Comment

It appears the above mentioned issue doesn't explicitly raise these concerns. I have filed a new JIRA issue:
          http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SEC-486

Comment

Working...
          X