X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container Adapter for Weblogic

We are writting a new module for our application which is using spring. We would like to use some of the authorization features of acegi but delegate to the weblogic container for authentication as we want the to be able to use the existing user/roles that have been defined in weblogic.

From what I understand to do this we would need to write a container adapter for weblogic, however it is not very clear to me how to do this. Do I need to provide my own implementation of a security realm? Has anyone already written an adapter for weblogic?

Yes, you would need a WebLogic container adapter in order to have WebLogic handle authentication. I am not aware of anyone who has already done this.

As usual, I caution against the use of container adapters unless there is very good reason. They're non-portable, require very special configuration, and need JARs to be located in special container classloader locations. All-in-all this is not something you want to do unless you have compelling reason.

You might be able to write an AuthenticationDao (use thus use DaoAuthenticationProvider) to access the WebLogic authentication repository instead (eg if WebLogic is accessing a database, just provide an AuthenticationDao that accesses the same database).

Comment

Weblogic 9.1 and acegi authentication

Hi Ben,

We like Spring and Acegi, but my issue is all our app using username, passoword and roles created in weblogic 9.1 server using default myrealm

if I find a solution to access weblogic authentication repository, I will use acegi, otherwise I have no option left and I don't want use adapter, I want let acegi handle the authentication and app server manage just username,password and roles creation stuff

Do we have a example of your suggestion

Ben wrote:

You might be able to write an AuthenticationDao (use thus use DaoAuthenticationProvider) to access the WebLogic authentication repository instead (eg if WebLogic is accessing a database, just provide an AuthenticationDao that accesses the same database).

Thanks
      Gopal

Comment

Working...
      X