X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the purpose of RemoteAuthenticationProvider?

To use this, I have to expose a server-side authenticationManager. Why not just expose the existing authenticationManager? With spring remoting, I can do that in no time. What is the benefit of injecting it into RemoteAuthenticationManagerImpl, when I have to still export that as well? Sounds like more work and configuration. Is it supposed to be lighter on the network traffic?

The threads I found talking about this are kind of old, and I was helping someone else get configured for remote authentication. I couldn't give him the decisive reason to use this, so I told him to directly expose his server-side authenticationManager. Was I wrong?

I'm also curious about that.
    On the client side, why don't we inject the remote proxy of the authenticationManager into the applicationSecutiryManager?
    Why does the package description of org.springframework.richclient.security sugest in the 'Which AuthenticationManager?' section to use the org.acegisecurity.providers.rcp.RemoteAuthenticati onProvider?
    Does the remote provider cache the authentication or throw special exception?

Comment

Answer seems in the javadoc of org.acegisecurity.providers.rcp.RemoteAuthenticati onManagerImpl

Comment

Working...
      X