Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encorporating Custom UserDetails

Hi

I cannot find anywhere in the docs or this forum where it is possible to either a) add properties to UserDetails or b) (what I really want todo) use my own customer User object?

I know it is possible but how to you encorporate your own User object? I can no doubt do it by overriding existing providers/filters, but is there a cleaner / easier way?

Any help would be appreciated..

Nearly every deployment of Acegi Security will use DaoAuthenticationProvider, which needs an AuthenticationDao, and most people write their own AuthenticationDao. The AuthenticationDao needs to return a UserDetails implementation. Generally people return either User (which implements UserDetails) or a subclass of User, although naturally you're free to write your own UserDetails implementation.

Comment

UserDetails

ok thanks,

I thought they maybe a:

<param>userclass</param>
      <value>my.com.UserDetails</value>

type thing for the Authenticator that would allow me to pass in my custom class, and then the authenticator use that (using reflection)..

Comment

Say the AuthenticationProvider created an instance of the class you specified, what would then populate it?

Using the UserDetails approach will make the UserDetails object available from Authentication.getPrincipal().

Comment

Working...
        X