Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acegi security+spring

hello everybody,
    I am going to develop a framework of security for the management of the user access to an application multi-third java EE.
    I am going to use acegi but my problem is how to integrate acegi security to spring.
    someone can give me stages to make to achieve this work.
    thank you for advance.

Try to read the documentation.
    I've heard that sometimes it helps.
    Not that sure about it but you can still try.

Comment

The documentation is a great idea, I'd also suggest taking a look at the acegi-security-sample-tutorial example that ships with Acegi.

Comment

hi,
        i have a pb whith the first sample of acegi.
        i have a tomcat server 5.5.23 installed.
        i have the directory C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps
        in this directory i created a directory "essai"
        i decompressed "acegi-security-1.0.3"
        i copied the content of "acegi_security_sample_tutorial" in "essai"
        i started tomcat and i tried this url: http://localhost:8080/essai/

but i received this error message:
        Etat HTTP 404 - /essai/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Rapport d'état

message /essai/

description La ressource demandée (/essai/) n'est pas disponible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
        someone can help me?

Comment

Well, you better check out what it takes to get a servlet J2EE app up and running. You cannot just copy everything into some directory in /webapps and expect it to work.
          You need a /WEB-INF directory, a web.xml etc.
          The Tomcat site should provide some basic info on how to set it up right. Otherwise check the dir structure of the other applications in /webapps

If you feel the least unfamiliar with servlet applications I suggest that you wait a little with involving Acegi as I think it adds some complexity to it, and just get acquanted to Spring and webapp setup.

Good luck!

Comment

If you are using Tomcat, just drop the acegi-security-sample-tutorial.war in webapps and start Tomcat. It will extract it all for you. If you really want rename the war file to something you like and then it will be extracted as this name.

Comment

Working...
            X