X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logout Filter

Im trying to use the logout filter with a simple test rig i have up and runnning but I am not configuring it correctly. I have added a call to the logoutFilter in the filterChainProxy;

Code:
    <bean id="filterChainProxy" class="org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy">
    		<property name="filterInvocationDefinitionSource">
    			<value>
    				CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
    				PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
    				/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,logoutFilter,authenticationProcessingFilter,securityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter,rememberMeProcessingFilter,anonymousProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilter,filterInvocationInterceptor
    			</value>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    I have defined the logoutFilter bean as follows;

Code:
    <bean id="logoutFilter" class="org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter">
    		<constructor-arg value="/index.jsp"/> <!-- URL redirected to after logout -->
    		<constructor-arg>
    			<list>				
    				<bean class="org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.SecurityContextLogoutHandler"/>
    			</list>
    		</constructor-arg>
    	</bean>
    and I am using this filter in my jsp as such;

Code:
    <p><a href="../j_acegi_logout">Logout</a>
    However when I load my web page, my container tells me that the page defined at the specified URL is not available.

Code:
    HTTP Status 404 - /springweb/

type Status report

message /springweb/

description The requested resource (/springweb/) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.12
    Why is this? What am I missing?

Hi

first replace the filterInvocationDefinitionSource property of filterChainProxy bean from what you have into :

/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,authenticat ionProcessingFilter,logoutFilter,securityContextHo lderAwareRequestFilter,rememberMeProcessingFilter, anonymousProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilt er,filterInvocationInterceptor

notice that in your setting you have put the logoutFilter before authenticationProcessingFilter .

second besure that you have put the /index.jsp outside your WEB-INF folder

third what is this /springweb/ ? is this the name of your main dispatcher servlet? if yes then what is the exact url of your logout link? It should be something like:

<a href="/msc/j_acegi_logout"> where msc is the name of your dispatcher servlet.

If your provide more log from Acegi it could help more.
    in your log4j.properties file put this line:
    log4j.category.org.acegisecurity=DEBUG and carefully analyse what ever it says. Most of the cases using the Acegi log you can find your mistake.

Comment

Sorry I made a mistake when I gave you the filterProxyChain bean definition. The one I gave you was from another project. This is the one for the project I was referring to;

Code:
      <bean id="filterChainProxy"
      		class="org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy">
      			<value>
      				PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
      				/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,formAuthenticationProcessingFilter,logoutFilter,exceptionTranslationFilter,filterSecurityInterceptor
      			</value>
      		</property>
      	</bean>
      springweb is the application context. The dispatcher servlet is simply called "dispatcher-servlet.xml"

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        what is the exact url of your logout link?
        It should be

Code:
        <a href="/dispatcher/j_acegi_logout">

Comment

If your provide more log from Acegi it could help more.
          in your log4j.properties file put this line:
          log4j.category.org.acegisecurity=DEBUG and carefully analyse what ever it says. Most of the cases using the Acegi log you can find your mistake.
          This is good advice...

Comment

have the same problem and in spite of here are tons of acegi logout threads, nobody was able to help me... is it so complicate to logout???

By the way, i put in the log4j-line in my log4j.properties and nothing happends.. acegi said nothing.. whyever.

here are all my acegi-files. i hope that anybody can solve this problem in a way that in future everybody who has this problem (and it seems that this are many people) can solve it easely...

acegi-security.xml
            Code:
            	<bean id="filterChainProxy" class="org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy">
            			<value>	
            				PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
            				/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,logoutFilter,formAuthenticationProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilter,filterSecurityInterceptor
            			</value>
            		</property>
            	</bean>

<constructor-arg value="/index.htm"/>
            		<constructor-arg>
            			<list>
            				<bean class="org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.SecurityContextLogoutHandler"/>
            			</list>
            		</constructor-arg>
            		<property name="filterProcessesUrl" value="/j_acegi_logout"/>
            	</bean>
            And my acegi-logout-link...

Code:
            <core:url value='/j_acegi_logout'/>

Comment

There is an example of the logoutFilter in the sample tutorial that ships with Acegi, I'd have a look at that first. It's path points to the root of the web app.

Comment

I had the same problem with the logout giving me a "resource not found error" and I resolved it as follows:
                in web.xml:
                <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>Acegi Filter Chain Proxy</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/j_acegi_logout</url-pattern>
                </filter-mapping>

In applicationContext.xml:
                <constructor-arg value="/index.jsp"/>
                <!-- URL redirected to after logout -->
                <constructor-arg>
                <list>
                <bean class="org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.SecurityContext LogoutHandler"/>
                </list>
                </constructor-arg>
                </bean>

on my jsp page:
                <a href='<c:url value="j_acegi_logout"/>'><fmt:message key="user.logout"/></a>

not that the url does not contain the trailing "/". This was my main problem.

Hope this helps everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                X