Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Does SecurityContextLogoutHandler really invalidates session ? ( Acegi 1.0.3+) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SecurityContextLogoutHandler really invalidates session ? ( Acegi 1.0.3+)

Hello all,

I am using acegi with my web app and I recently set up the logout filter to perform user logout and session invalidation.
    I saw that session invalidation property has been set up since 1.0.3 so I ensured my self that I have this version.

Well, put this stuff in place, and at first sight it seemed that everiyhing was working correctly: I set up a my filterProcessesUrl to an URL called /logout.do, and put a link on my page.
    In my web app, I have put interceptors on different controller, to redirect the user to a role specific page if his session is invalid or incomplete. This allows me to check if the session has been correctly invalidated.

So, I logged in to my web app, browse a page, then logout. Then I try to access a protected page, and, since the session has been invalidated I am redirected to my specific home page. Everything looks fine, the logout filter has removed my sessions data from my session. And, the session has been certainly invalidated. Taking a look at the log shows me this:

Code:
    11:39:06,249 DEBUG [FilterChainProxy] [doFilter] /logout.do at position 1 of 2 in additional filter chain; firing Filter: 'org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSess
    ionContextIntegrationFilter@89e0ef'
    11:39:06,265 DEBUG [HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter] [doFilter] Obtained from ACEGI_SECURITY_CONTEXT a valid SecurityContext and set to SecurityContextHo
    lder: 'org.acegisecurity.context.SecurityContextImpl@1eb52b5b: Authentication: [email protected]eb52b5b: User
    name: org.acegisecurity.userdetails.User@0: Username: testEmployeur; Password: [PROTECTED]; Enabled: true; AccountNonExpired: true; credentialsNonExpired: true;
    AccountNonLocked: true; Granted Authorities: ROLE_EMPLOYEUR; Password: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: {_internal-iam-roles-key=[Ljava.lang.String
    ;@18159b2}; Granted Authorities: ROLE_EMPLOYEUR'
    11:39:06,265 DEBUG [FilterChainProxy] [doFilter] /logout.do at position 2 of 2 in additional filter chain; firing Filter: 'org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.Logout
    Filter@e87e8'
    11:39:06,265 DEBUG [LogoutFilter] [doFilter] Logging out user '[email protected]eb52b5b: Username: org.acegisecurity.userdetails.User@0: Username: xvdtst033; Password: [PROTECTED]; Enabled: true; AccountNonExpired: true; credentialsNonExpired: true; AccountNonLocked: true; Granted Authorities: ROLE_EMPLOYEUR; Password: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: {_internal-iam-roles-key=[Ljava.lang.String;@18159b2}; Gran
    ted Authorities: ROLE_EMPLOYEUR' and redirecting to logout page
    11:39:06,265 DEBUG [HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter] [doFilter] HttpSession is now null, but was not null at start of request; session was invalidated, so do not create a new session
    11:39:06,265 DEBUG [HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter] [doFilter] SecurityContextHolder set to new context, as request processing completed
    This seems OK to me, even if I'm not sure to understand the two last lines.

But, after this, I take a look at my weblogic console to monitor the sessions for my webapp. And, I realize that I still have 1 open session. If go back to my login page, I see another session opening, now, my bweblogic tells me 2 open session, etc... .

Maybe I am missing something? I had a look on Weblogic documentation to understand how weblogic "recycles" or "remove" invalidated session, but I could not find anything.

Could someone tell me if he encounter the same behaviour with another application server? Or is this a normal behaviour when invalidating sessions ?
    I also tried to change my filterInvocationDefinitionSource chain, but with no real success.

Thanks for your help.

Not even an idea ?
    Could someone using logoutFilter and another webserver try to reproduce it please?

Comment

If you follow the code through, you can see that invalidate is called on the session. Whatever the container then does with this is really out of Acegi's control.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
        well I solved my problem, this was not a problem with the SecurityContextLogoutHandler. In fact, my logout page was a JSP page, and weblogic creates another session each time a session page is called.
        So, my session was correctly invalidated, but another one was created just after.

I also had another problem with one of my filters (a logging filter) which created a new session.

Thanks again, sorry for the convenience.

Comment

Not a problem. It's nice to have some closure on these things. Atleast it's clear there isn't a bug in the framework anyway .

Comment

Working...
          X