Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web.xml

delete the content
    Last edited by TerpInMD; Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM.

delete the content
    Last edited by TerpInMD; Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

delete the content
      Last edited by TerpInMD; Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

The order of items in the web.xml is important. Why not have a look at the tutorial example that ships with Acegi and ensure your order is consitent with it.

Comment

Thanks,

Of course I have acegi-security-1.0.3-src.zip and acegi-security-1.0.3.zip but I am not seeing the Contacts Sample they reference. Is that somewhere elsE?

Comment

I cant even find the acegi security xml file in petclinic. wow.

Comment

I've just downloaded Acegi and in the root directory there are two war files; acegi-security-sample-tutorial and acegi-security-sample-contacts-filter. If you extract either one, there is a web.xml in the WEB-INF directory.

e.g.
              Code:
              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
              <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd'>

<web-app>

<display-name>Acegi Security Tutorial Application</display-name>

<context-param>
              		<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
              		<param-value>
              			/WEB-INF/applicationContext-acegi-security.xml
              		</param-value>
              	</context-param>

<filter>
                      <filter-name>Acegi Filter Chain Proxy</filter-name>
                      <filter-class>org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy</filter-class>
                      <init-param>
                          <param-name>targetClass</param-name>
                          <param-value>org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy</param-value>
                      </init-param>
                  </filter>

<filter-mapping>
                    <filter-name>Acegi Filter Chain Proxy</filter-name>
                    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                  </filter-mapping>

<listener>
              		<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
              	</listener>

<welcome-file-list>
              		<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
              	</welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Comment

Found it. This should give me a starting point, thanks. May pop in with more questions. I want to get the minimal amount of security up first.

Comment

I am getting there. I think I have most the pieces. The project builds and when I go to the login page I am seeing the hashed http address with the jsessionid.

I am getting 404 errors now so I need to figure out why the pages are not being picked up by the server. I imagine i has something to do with the daoAuthenticationProvider class not being implemented yet. I may try that inmemory one for testing.

Comment

Personally, I would take the acegi-security-sample-tutorial and start from there. This example probably contains most things you want and can be easily customized. It also stops the annoying, "why isn't this working" problems.

Comment

got it working in just a few hours. its working like a freaking charm. thanks for putting me on the right path.

its not that difficult but its also something you will not do very often so i am sure you have to revisit it everytime you set up a new app.

Comment

Not a problem, glad you got it work. I find the tutorial example to be a good starting point. Like you say, you don't start a new project every day so it does take some time to get your head round it all. Starting a project from scratch isn't fun! Why bother just take the sample and hack it into something you want. Good luck with it all!

Comment

Working...
                        X