X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implement transient cookie with Acegi

I am interesting in implementing a transient cookie for Acegi RememberMe service.

I would like the cookie to be removed on logoff or exiting the browser.

I can figure out how to implement a logout action and invalidate the cookie but in order to get a session close behavior - I figure I need to create a different type of cookie.

Am I missing something? Does Acegi have an ability to do this? Or do I need to override the TokenBasedRememberMeServices class? And if so - anyone have any examples?

Thanks
    Jeff

Just out of interest what are you trying to do? You want a cookie to last the lifetime of the users session, why? I was just interested to see what problem you were trying to solve .

Comment

Implement transient cookie with Acegi

We are interested in development a secure application in a possible common computer environment. Therefore, once a user executes a logout or closes the browser, we want the next user to be forced to enter valid credentials in order to gain access to the application.

Comment

Just don't use rmemberme

If you just don't use rememberme, authentication willb e tied to your JSESSIONID, which is already stored in a transient cookie. It will be forgotten if you close the browser, or you can explicitly invalidate the session by calling

Code:
        session.invalidate();
        You are trying to over think this problem.

Comment

Working...
        X