X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotations

Is there any plans to leverage Java 5.0 annotations instead of commons-attributes. The spring framework is going to leverage annotations and other java 5.0 enhancements in a separate source tree that is available when running under jdk 5.0.

Yes, we haven't finally decided where to put the 1.5-specific source, but work is under way. Working transaction annotation support is already in the "samples" module under the "tiger" directory, although it will move to a proper home.

Annotation support will be released in 1.2, although transaction annotations are ready for use from CVS now.

Comment

Yes, I already saw the spring annotation stuff and I was wondering if the acegi security system is also going to leverage annotations.

Comment

We use (in MethodDefinitionAttributes) Spring's org.springframework.metadata.Attributes. As described in the latter's JavaDocs:

The purpose of using this interface is to decouple Spring code from any specific attributes implementation. Even once JSR-175 is available, there is still value in such a facade interface, as it allows for hierarchical attribute sources: for example, an XML file or properties file might override some attributes defined in source-level metadata with JSR-175 or another framework.
        Thus I don't think there will be any real problem with using whatever future attributes sources become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Alex
          We use (in MethodDefinitionAttributes) Spring's org.springframework.metadata.Attributes. As described in the latter's JavaDocs:

Thus I don't think there will be any real problem with using whatever future attributes sources become available.
          I`m currently developing a project using java 1.5 features. But generics and common attributes don`t mix so I have to use another attribute source. How is the support for 1.5 at the moment? I have just checked the cvs tree for acegi, but haven`t found anything.

Comment

No, it's not done at present but on the to-do list. If you get time to contribute annotation support, it would be warmly welcomed.

Comment

Working...
            X