X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the lowest level JVM that Acegi Security runs on?

Sorry if this is a common question but my search attempts did not find any results.

I am new to acegi security but not spring. I wanted to try it out for one of my Websphere 5.0 based web apps. I downloaded the 1.0.0 RC2 binary of acegi security. Websphere 5.0 is a 1.3.1 based vm that uses servlet spec 2.3. I was able to get everthing to work fine when I used the in memory based UserDetails service with the DaoAuthenticationProvider. I then went to set up an LDAP provider but ran into a problem with the org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.DefaultInitialDir ContextFactory class. The exception thrown was
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/net/URISyntaxException
    at org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.DefaultInitialDir ContextFactory.<init>(DefaultInitialDirContextFact ory.java:134)

It seems the java.net.URI classes are not introduced until java 1.4

So... is this a bug or is 1.4 the oldest vm supported? I would think it would be a bug because I believe Spring still supports 1.3.1 based vms

Thanks

Sounds like there may be a JDK 1.4 dependancy through the LDAP API. I recommend asking Luke (the primary LDAP contributor) about it. I imagine we'd want to get this clarified before 1.0 final.

Comment

I've opened a Jira issue for this:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SEC-258

Comment

Working...
      X