Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sample JdbcDaoImpl Application

Hello friends

I am pretty new to this part of Spring. I am now trying to learn how to implement acegi security in a login jsp page. I got a sample program for login using InMemoryDaoImpl. Now I would like to migrate to JdbcDaoImpl.Can anyone send me sample program which uses JdbcDaoImpl and help me.

Thanks in advance
    Bala

The Contacts Sample which ships with Acegi Security shows how to use JDBC authentication. You basically just inject the JDBC provider into your DaoAuthenticationProvider, instead of the in-memory provider.

Comment

Doubt

Hello Friends

As I told you earlier I was working to convert the inMemory application I downloaded from web to Jdbc. The inMemory samples applicationContext.xml file has the following codes

<bean id="authenticationManager" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderMana ger">
      <property name="providers">
      <list>
      <ref bean="daoAuthenticationProvider"/>
      <ref local="anonymousAuthenticationProvider"/>
      </list>
      </property>
      </bean>

<bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthe nticationProvider">
      <property name="authenticationDao">
      <ref local="memoryAuthenticationDao"/>
      </property>
      </bean>

<bean id="memoryAuthenticationDao" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.memory.I nMemoryDaoImpl">
      <property name="userMap">
      <value>mark=java,ROLE_ADMIN,ROLE_USER</value>
      </property>
      </bean>

They are specifying that the username=mark and his passowrd is java.

Should I inject the dataSource along with my query into the place where they have hardcoded the username and password. Is that all the change I should make? Or should I make anymore changes to migrate from inMemeory to Jdbc?
      Can you spend some time for me if I send you the sample program or post it somewhere?

Thanx in advance
      Bala

Comment

Switch out the provider

Hi Bala,

In your "daoAuthenticationProvider" bean, change the property of the authenticationDao from "memoryAuthenticationDao" to "jdbcDaoImpl"

Then add this bean to your configuration:

Code:
        	<bean id="jdbcDaoImpl" class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.jdbc.JdbcDaoImpl">
        		<property name="dataSource"><ref bean="yourDataSource"/></property>
        	</bean>
        Then define the "yourDataSource" bean. For example, you might have something like this:

Code:
            <bean id="yourDataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
                <property name="driverClassName">
                    <value>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</value>
                </property>
                <property name="url">
                    <value>jdbc:hsqldb:mem:contacts</value>
                </property>
                <property name="username">
                    <value>sa</value>
                </property>
                <property name="password">
                    <value></value>
                </property>
            </bean>
        Inside that dataSource, Acegi is going to expect to be able to run these 2 SQL queries to get the username, password and granted authorities. If your database schema already exists and/or you don't like this schema, you can override what SQL statements Acegi uses (check out hispacta.blogspot.com for an example of what I had to do).

Anyway, the 2 SQL queries Acegi is expecting to run are:

1) DEF_USERS_BY_USERNAME_QUERY = "SELECT username,password,enabled FROM users WHERE username = ?";

2) DEF_AUTHORITIES_BY_USERNAME_QUERY = "SELECT username,authority FROM authorities WHERE username = ?";

Does this make sense?

Comment

Filters

Hello

As you said I changed the code according to the steps you showed in the blog. The original example had

Code:
            <bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
                <property name="authenticationDao">
                   <ref local="memoryAuthenticationDao"/>
                </property>
             </bean>

<bean id="memoryAuthenticationDao" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
                <property name="userMap">
                  <value>mark=password,ROLE_ADMIN,ROLE_USER</value>
                </property>
             </bean>
          now I changed it to

Code:
          <bean id="jdbcAuthenticationDao" class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.jdbc.JdbcDaoImpl">
          		<property name="dataSource">
          			<ref bean="dataSource" />
          		</property>
          		<property name="usersByUsernameQuery">
          			<value>Select login, password FROM student WHERE login=?</value>
          		</property>
          		<property name="authoritiesByUsernameQuery">
          			<value>SELECT login,authority FROM authorities WHERE login = ?</value>
          		</property>
          	</bean>

now in the original program they have declared a SecurityEnforcementFilter bean like

Code:
          <bean id="securityEnforcementFilter" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter">
                <property name="filterSecurityInterceptor"><ref local="filterInvocationInterceptor"/></property>
                <property name="authenticationEntryPoint"><ref local="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint"/></property>
             </bean>
          The FilterSecurityInterceptor is defined as

Code:
            <bean id="filterInvocationInterceptor" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor">
                <property name="authenticationManager"><ref bean="authenticationManager"/></property>
                <property name="accessDecisionManager"><ref local="httpRequestAccessDecisionManager"/></property>
                <property name="objectDefinitionSource">
                   <value>
          			    CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
          			    PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
          			    /acegilogin.jsp*=ROLE_ANONYMOUS,ROLE_USER,ROLE_ADMIN
          			    /secured*=ROLE_ADMIN
          			    /**=ROLE_USER
                   </value>
                </property>
             </bean>
          and the AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint as following

Code:
           <bean id="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint">
                <property name="loginFormUrl"><value>/acegilogin.jsp</value></property>
                <property name="forceHttps"><value>false</value></property>
            </bean>
          now the problem I face is that net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforce mentFilter has been replaced by org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter and it does not accept a FilterSecurityInterceptor. So what changes should I make in the old code to run the code.

And also can you please suggest what are all the other changes I should make to make it up and running.

Please take a look at the original applicationContext.xml and modified applicationContext.xml and suggest me what changes should I make.

Thanks in advance
          Bala

Comment

Acegi Jdbc authentication

I can't loggon with jdbc acegi authentication from acegi sourceforge. Is there someone have a simple tutorial to this...

Comment

The Contacts Sample which ships with Acegi Security uses JDBC authentication. Try looking there.

Comment

Hello Bala

I viewed both your xml files. Couldn't figure out anything wrong. Your application must work.

Comment

Working...
                X