Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Cannot transmit proxy ticket from proxy web app to acegi spring web app Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot transmit proxy ticket from proxy web app to acegi spring web app

Hello,

I would like to know how to transmit proxy ticket from a web app A to a web app B which is CASified with Acegi.

I developed a struts proxy web application which is responsible for automatic authentication of portal users to CAS, and to retrieve a proxy ticket to forward to other applications integrated in portal.

Thus one of our application can be accessed from and/or outside the portal.
    This application is CASified with acegi, and is a spring application.
    When it is accessed directly, the user have to authenticate through the CAS login page. When it is accessed through the portal, the portal proxy web app does the login to CAS for the user and retrieve a proxy ticket that must be sent to the CASified app.

I tried to append to the final URL of the proxied web app a parameter ticket with value equals to the proxy ticket, but I'm still redirected to CAS login. I don't know if this is the right way to do it with acegi...

Could anyone help?
    Last edited by skredii; Feb 21st, 2006, 09:43 AM.

Acegi Security is, for all intents and purposes, merely a CAS client. Therefore you are trying to interact with the CAS server implementation primarily, so I'd suggest trying their mailing list to see if there is a specific integration pattern recommended for use with portals. One question I would expand on is why you need to write a custom Struts controller at all (ie why you can't just use the stock-standard CAS classes directly).

Comment

Working...
    X