Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can't receive custom UserDetails impl with RemoteAuthenticationManagerImpl Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't receive custom UserDetails impl with RemoteAuthenticationManagerImpl

I'm working on client-server app with swing ui, and use Spring Remoting and Acegi. On the client side I do the following to authenticate user:
    Code:
    UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken authentication = new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(userName, password);
    Authentication populatedAuthentication = authManager.authenticate(authentication);
    SecurityContextHolder.getContext().setAuthentication(populatedAuthentication);
    When I use
    Code:
    UserVo principal = (UserVo) securityContext.getAuthentication().getPrincipal();
    I receive String with user's name instead of my implementation of UserDetails. But when I start my app locally (without Spring remoting, RemoteAuthenticationManagerImpl, etc) it works fine, i.e. returns UserDetails implementation.

Is this is limitation of HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter, or I'm doing something wrong?

Sorry, I've missed following notes in org.acegisecurity.providers.rcp.RemoteAuthenticati onManager javadoc:
    In order to maximise remoting protocol compatibility, a design decision was taken to operate with minimal arguments and return only the minimal amount information required for remote clients to enable/disable relevant user interface commands etc.
    So, if you use RemoteAuthenticationManager you can't get your UserDetails implementation on the client side, only array of GrantedAuthority.

Comment

If remoting protocols offered better serialization support it would be easier. If you have a fairly good serialization-based remoting protocol, you could replace the RemoteAuthenticationManager implementation to return UserDetails instead of GrantedAuthority[].

Comment

Working...
      X