Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Password Reset Email with session URL to change password, anyone seen any examples? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Reset Email with session URL to change password, anyone seen any examples?

Was just wondering if anyone has seen any examples of a password reset email in Spring to generate a hashed/time stamp expired URL to reset the password? All the books out there and tutorials glance over this and would be great if someone could point me in the correct direction. Been looking for a good example to get the juices flowing but been stuck on this one before I start hammering away.

For anyone thinking about a password reset mechanism. Here is what I went with and seemed a better solution. I used a random string generations and sent it via email with a short credentials expired duration and a set of security question and answers. The hashed URL didn't really give me anything if the bad people out there intercepted the email. They still would be able to get to a point of filling in security q/a. Little bit lighter but also lighter on the backend. Good luck.

Comment

I've implemented this and put it on GitHub. Have a look at the README. post any question if something is not clear....

Comment

Working...
      X