Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring security 3.1.1 Remeber Me Cookie changed after server restart - Persistent tok Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring security 3.1.1 Remeber Me Cookie changed after server restart - Persistent tok

I am working on a tutorial and trying to implement the Remember Me functionality in my project. I read everywhere in the internet and did not find the answer I was looking for. Here is the scenario:

1. Log in to my application by checking remember me
    2. Authentication token is save in the DB
    3. Close the browser and then open a new browser, I get authenticated without any issue. Verified that the remember me cookie stays the same as original cookie.

If I restart my app server and then open the same browser, I get authentication denied. I looked into further and found that the Remember me cookie that is sent to the browser is different than the original remember me cookie. Is it expected behavior?

My understanding is, if Authentication token is saved, server restart should not cause access denied if users checked the remember me.

Any clarification is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Newaz

The shortest answer is doing. All things are difficult before they are easy.

Comment

Working...
    X