Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portlets and Spring security

Hi,

Currently I wrote a few portlets using Spring portlet MVC, but now I'm adding security features and I'm looking if Spring security can be combined with portlets or not.
    I read an article here which sounds pretty useful to me, but looking at the versions (and the date) it is still a 2.0.x.

I noticed (with Maven) that the spring-security-portlet dependency is no longer updated (last version is 2.0.8) so I was wondering if it is still supported and if it is included in another library or not.

I am also looking for documentation about using the Spring security framework in combination with Spring portlet mvc and best practices.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitri

No, it's no longer maintained. The original developer did not keep it up to date and it's not something there has been much demand for or interest in maintaining from elsewhere.

In these situations, it's worth searching github to see if anyone is doing anything relevant. For example, it looks like Jasig have a some code which is compiled against Spring Security 3.1 https://github.com/Jasig/spring-portlet-contrib.

Comment

Working...
    X