Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange subfolder discovered on my USB stick

Hi,

I discovered a very strange directory. Because the filenames are that strange, I me be think on malware. It is that unusual that I even don't know where to ask explenation about this. Because The file names are related to Spring and Java, I try this forum here. If this is not the appropriate place, can you please pinpoint me to the correct place?
    Attachment

Because I needed fast a medium te create a recovery drive for my new PC, I decided to copy the content of one of my USB sticks to an external drive. Doing this folder by folder I discovered a very strange subfolder, which I never saw before:
    a subfolder of the folder I:\Muziek , called \weg.
    This contained folders and files with very strange names, also inusual file types. I thought that it was something that came there by malware, but scanning that folder with AVG, doesn't mention any infections. But I'm not that keen to open these files (at least not in an unprotected environment), so I cannot tell what happens if a open one of them.
    Another strange thing is that when I open the properties of that folder that it mentions to be 48.6 GB, however the total space on the USB stick is only 8 GB.
    Attachment

There are also some hidden folders.
    Attachment

Is there anybody who has seen something like this before, or could tell me where I can get more explenation, or if I have to worry abou this?

Thanks by advance.
    Attached Files
Working...
X