X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sec:authorize, configuration and roles with version 3.1.2

Using spring-security, I have a custom UserDetailsService, returning the following UserDetails:
    Code:
        HashSet<SimpleGrantedAuthority> authSet = new HashSet<SimpleGrantedAuthority>();
        authSet.add(new SimpleGrantedAuthority("ROLE_USER"));

if(user.isAdmin()){
            authSet.add(new SimpleGrantedAuthority("ROLE_ADMIN"));
        }

return new User(user.getUsername(), user.getPassword(), 
            user.isActive(), !user.isExpired(), !user.isCredentialsExpired(),
            !user.isLocked(), authSet);
    In the security config file, I have the following:
    Code:
        <http use-expressions="true">
            <intercept-url pattern="/admin/**" access="hasRole('ROLE_ADMIN')" />
    And in a JSP page, the following code:
    Code:
        <sec:authorize access="hasRole('ROLE_ADMIN')">
            <h4><a href="/admin/balances">Admin</a></h4>
        </sec:authorize>
    With spring-security-3.1.1 everything is working as expected, but with versions 3.1.2 & 3.1.3, users with ADMIN_ROLE can't see the link neither has access to the URL directly in the browser.

Please, could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe could be a bug?
    I'm looking at release notes for the new versions but can't find any specific mention about if something changed about this.

Thanks in advance.

The problem seems to be related with the custom SignInAdapter. Initially, I was using the following code:
    Code:
    UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken auth = new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(user.getUsername(), user.getPassword(), null);
    I've changed the code to save the whole User object as the principal:
    Code:
    UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken auth = new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(user, user.getPassword(), user.getAuthorities());
    I'm wondering why it seems to work sometimes with the previous code, but now it's working with every recent version of spring-security.

Comment

Working...
    X