Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider and properties such as user-search-base Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider and properties such as user-search-base

Hello all,

I'm trying to wrap a web-application of mine with Spring Security and thus far I've been experiencing limited success.

Presently I am using a org.springframework.security.ldap.authentication.a d.ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider as my authentication provider. I am specifying the correct domain and url for my ldap server as well as a few other properties.

Everything works fine when authenticating with my username / other co-workers in my department, however as soon as I deployed the project and another user from a different department tried to log in, they were presented with invalid un / pw errors.

I figured this was because I'm not specifying properties such as user-search-base, group-search-base etc...I did a lot of googling and I can't find any information on how to set these properties for these beans, if it is even possible.

I understand I could use the non-AD ldap provider, and easily set these properties, however I do not want to have to specify a manager password for my configuration. Is what I'm trying to do feasible?

Thank you,

-Zachary Carter

I'd be interested in getting this to work too.
    To re-phrase the OP, how do I use an LdapAuthenticator and an LdapAuthoritiesPopulator with ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider? It's trivial with LdapAuthenticationProvider.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

Comment

Working...
    X