Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Encryption type AES256 CTS mode with HMAC SHA1-96 is not supported/enabled Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encryption type AES256 CTS mode with HMAC SHA1-96 is not supported/enabled

Hi,

I have MIT kerberos on debian. I have setup /etc/krb5.conf to include under libdefaults:

default_tkt_enctypes = aes256-cts aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc arcfour-hmac arcfour-hmac-md5

default_tgt_enctypes = aes256-cts aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc arcfour-hmac arcfour-hmac-md5

permitted_enctypes = aes256-cts aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes128-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc arcfour-hmac arcfour-hmac-md5

tomcat on debian runs as:

"/usr/local/java/bin/java" "-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/local/tomcat/conf/logging.properties" -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLo aderLogManager -Djava.security.auth.login.config=jaas_kerberoscont ext.conf -Djava.security.krb5.realm=PRIMESYSTEMS.COM -Djava.security.krb5.kdc=pinkydebian.primesystems.c om -Djava.endorsed.dirs="/usr/local/tomcat/endorsed" -classpath "/usr/local/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar" -Dcatalina.base="/usr/local/tomcat" -Dcatalina.home="/usr/local/tomcat" -Djava.io.tmpdir="/usr/local/tomcat/temp" org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
    root@pinkydebian:/etc/rc0.d#

Now on win 7 I run mit network idenitity manager and fetch TGT. Then I run firefox to access the webapp. I see HTTP ticket fetched in identity manager. Then in tomcat logs on debian I see it being presented but webapp has error:

Caused by: KrbException: Encryption type AES256 CTS mode with HMAC SHA1-96 is not supported/enabled

As far as I know I have enabled it in krb5.conf. is there any other place I need to enable it ? When I exported the HTTP ticket for webapp I did not specify any encoding type. I used the command in the blog article.

I tried few combinations of encodings for key as below:

added under libdefaults in /etc/krb5.conf since I read in some blog that java gss api supports only these few enc.

default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc des3-cbc-sha1
    default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc des3-cbc-sha1
    permitted_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc des3-cbc-sha1

generated the principal and keys again w/o specifying any encoding

klist -e -k /http-web.keytab
    Keytab name: WRFILE:/http-web.keytab
    KVNO Principal
    ---- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 HTTP/[email protected] (AES-256 CTS mode with 96-bit SHA-1 HMAC)
    2 HTTP/[email protected] (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
    2 HTTP/[email protected] (Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1)
    2 HTTP/[email protected] (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)

I checked in NIM that TGT and HTTP key returned is des3-cbc-sha1 encoding.

The webapp gives exception as below:

15:12:29 DEBUG kerberos.KerberosServiceAuthenticationProvider - Try to validate Kerberos Token
    Found KeyTab
    Entered Krb5Context.acceptSecContext with state=STATE_NEW
    Ordering keys wrt default_tkt_enctypes list
    Using builtin default etypes for default_tkt_enctypes
    default etypes for default_tkt_enctypes: 17 16 23 1 3.

15:12:29 WARN web.SpnegoAuthenticationProcessingFilter - Negotiate Header was invalid: Negotiate YIICtgYGKwYBBQUCoIICqjCCAqagHzAdBgkqhkiG9xIBAgIGBS sFAQUCBgkqhkiC9xIBAgKiggKBBIICfWCCAnkGCSqGSIb3EgEC AgEAboICaDCCAmSgAwIBBaEDAgEOogcDBQAAAAAAo4IBgGGCAX wwggF4oAMCAQWhEhsQUFJJTUVTWVNURU1TLkNPTaIvMC2gAwIB A6EmMCQbBEhUVFAbHHBpbmt5ZGViaWFuLnByaW1lc3lzdGVtcy 5jb22jggEqMIIBJqADAgEQoQMCAQKiggEYBIIBFEmXKG74+4ks REO+4UcVStFMg7hjqDw4HjYWZY9oxlBDBN1Ivrvm8/UX8EaR+cVLKFerHp0FW0q1hzCwk/EwxPYVo059KJvJ15fqbDvqXduz0KZQBfWg/5DXXrwPPG2vQXP5Qtaa96Y7+YiVBqYlyuPFRSyLDhvN+mxhWcF ajxAp9HbuZZ/4KBRhQspQYFdLbDrQpe7VsWpcuwm1X6QGGmavlRjeNEYMNLd5s G1zGADzFeWKXRvHl0TsmKyervwnc4x5eYFVh24sI2S7NXngxP6 cFZgRFjOobjWEaw2b55wNN+Y1DGBU7cj34D98lK1RDZUgSKO+z tF41jUhYYd1HrzDQtLInnHBLuBAaL8wHHEFjyuvdaSByjCBx6A DAgEQooG/BIG8KhOcoed/yg2+laPOknMC9KUz2DeBDi4gkcxasCHNNLoG+LYMWeS3fxp/SsjFSfTko6Raxu3JxqB1ZxhLZ1W0x5ZzA/eqarvksjidSEAu4UqU6JKlMUtUAvmiQr41uvidNnRH9ELl4H8G Gtkm9uDhptQxnrsPdtD25ENV/dLEbvs8C37nIb1CzOzQU9rTPWYyeKRcD1Z5ZpU0RfPIJnCnhTd MuwNOUkq6o4hwC69LXwM/us3M773tLsDFqPc=

caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: GSSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism level: Invalid argument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP - DES3 CBC mode with SHA1-KD)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
    at org.springframework.security.extensions.kerberos.S unJaasKerberosTicketValidator.validateTicket(SunJa asKerberosTicketValidator.java:67)
    ... 26 more

I suppose the keytab has correct key encoding available but java gss api is not using it ?

Regards,

Miten.
    Last edited by imitenmehta; Dec 16th, 2012, 05:11 AM.

Have you placed the JCE Unlimited Policy fileset into your JDK/JRE? You need Unlimited Strength to do AES256.

Check Appendix C of this http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs...Spec.html#AppC document, the JRE 6 CryptoSpec.

Comment

Hi, I think some thing else is wrong so I pass junk value for keytab file name and still there is no error. If I try to upgrade the versions of api the base64 codec package has changed. So I am sticking with M2 and 3.0.7.RELEASE of api for extension and core.

See this message.

Miten.

Comment

We are facing the exact same issue on upgrade to spring security 3.1.1 and upgrading the spego the latest extension. We are also using JDK 7.0.

Is this a known issue? Were you able to ever get it to work or you simply reverted to using old spring jars , the old extension and JDK 6.0

Comment

Working...
        X