Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to use active directory over LDAP for authorization only using spring security3.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use active directory over LDAP for authorization only using spring security3.1

Hi All,

I am new to spring security. We built a security framework with active directory over LDAP by using plain filters and java classes. But we are planning to move that to spring security and use spring security only for authorization authentication is done through siteminder. Can you please provide me the guidance about how to use pre-authentication filters in this case?

Thanks.

Any ideas/comments?

Comment

Please refer to the Pre-Authentication Scenarios section of the reference.

Comment

Rob,

As I mentioned earlier we are using siteMinder for authentication. Once the user is authenticated HTTP cookie is set with SSO (User) id only, no password details are maintained in that cookie. I have reviewed the Pre-Authentication Scenarios section of the reference. Based on the notes user id and password both are required to create authentication token. How can I handle that in my scenario?

Thanks

Comment

Rob,

Just reviewed the source code for RequestHeaderAuthenticationFilter. My earlier question is answered. But have another question about UserDetailsService. Can we implement this class to read data from Active directory?

Comment

Yes you can easily provide a custom UserDetailsService implementation. Alternatively, you may be able to use <ldap-userdetails-service> to leverage the built in LdapUserDetailsService.

Comment

Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have reviewed the following classes for implementing LdapUserDetailsService.

1. FilterBasedLdapUserSearch

2. SpringSecurityLdapTemplate

FilterBasedLdapUserSearch calls searchForSingleEntry(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate) method to search for user in LDAP. But we are using Actvie directory over LDAP. Do you see any issue with the way DirContext object is created in searchForSingleEntry method. if yes then how can I solve that issue?

Comment

Working...
              X