Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Samizdat: A toolkit for Kerberos Authenticated and Encrypted Messaging Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samizdat: A toolkit for Kerberos Authenticated and Encrypted Messaging

I thought a post here would be of interest. This item is also likely of interest to Spring Integration folks as well, as my original requirements was to build a Message Transformer to Kerberize Messages on an ESB. The toolkit supports both generalized Kerberos message processing, as well as a full-out RPC and Message Queueing HTTP Stack for rapid client & server rollout.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/samizdat/

Besides (obviously) the Source and Javadocs, there are Three PDFs in the Files/doc download area. The short slideshow deck is the easiest way to cruise the project. Two additional design docs are also provided, as well as a How-To for folks that want to setup a Kerberos environment quickly to develop on this platform.

There have been interesting questions here, about Kerberized RMI. Many questions that come up here are more oriented towards simple Web client authentication with SPNEGO. Samizdat is more about the Encryption game than simple Authentication. If all you want is Authentication, then SPNEGO and JAX-RS will get you an RPC. Also keep in mind that Samizdat was kept framework lean, because I'm also targetting to Mobile and Embedded apps.

Enjoy! And I hope to meet some collaborators and maybe users!

-- Jim Doyle
Working...
X