Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acegi 0.5.3.2 LDAP Configuration

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Grails, so this may be an easy answer. I am working on a project that uses the Acegi 0.5.3.2 plugin in a grails 1.3.6 app. I'm not able to upgrade the app or change the plugin.

I successfully setup the app to use a Microsoft AD LDAP Server, but need to configure serverless binding. I searched through the source code and didn't see anything that would allow serverless binding to work. So I created a C++ app that does the query and outputs the ldap server's dnsHostName. From there, I added some code to in the LoginController to call the C++ executable and change the value of the authenticateService.securityConfig.security.config .ldapServer property. However, the application will continue to attempt authentication to the ldap server that is configured in the SecurityConfig.groovy file.

My guess is that the grails framework is grabbing the variables and creating an object in memory that is used and doesn't use the config information again.

Is there a way to force the acegi plugin to reload the configuration settings?
    If not, is there a way to assign the variable prior to the authentication object being created?

thanks
Working...
X